- Bachelor degree in Information Systems and Software Engineering from Damascus University
- Hands on software engineering experience since 2009, with startups in fintech, real estate, education, legal and technology verticals
- Agile cross-functional mindset
- Eye for product and business
Wikidata, the free and open knowledge base that can be read and edited by both humans and machines.
- Mentorship of interns, student and junior developers
- Hiring and onboarding of new developers in Wikidata team
- Creation and ownership of technical strategy that meets product strategy and roadmaps
- Identifying and alleviating technical impediments
- Technical advisory for product and management
- Ownership and maintenance of Wikidata/Wikibase APIs
- Normalized a polymorphic db table, eliminating duplication → reducing storage needs by 70%
- Upgraded team’s process from push to pull → improved throughput & pair-programming frequency
- Mentored student and intern developers through pair-programming → most got hired
Process: Journey Model, Community-driven, Dailies, Retrospectives
Tech Stack: PHP, MySQL/MariaDB, BlazeGraph, MediaWiki, Prometheus, Memcached, Redis, Vue, jQuery, ElasticSearch
Tools: Phabricator, Gerrit, GSuit, Grafana/Graphite, Logstash, Kibana
- Maintain and improve Wikibase extensions that power Wikidata and standalone installations
- Develop and integrate MediaWiki extensions into Wikibase to support Wikidata project
B2B SaaS for templating, drafting and negotiating high-volume low-value contracts, with integrated playbooks and digital signing.
- Conceptualization, design and development of synergist.io SaaS APIs and microservices.
- Upkeep and maintenance of synergist.io backend application.
- Support and maintenance of synergist.io frontend application.
- Cleaned up legacy code and db design → hugely improved confidence and stability in delivery
- Paried with PM to add in-product tracking → enabled quantitative analysis of features success
Process: Customer-driven, Feedback Analysis, Prioritization, Standups, Retrospectives, Product Planning
Tech Stack: Gin, AWS, Terraform, Laravel, Redis, MySQL, Docker, Angular1.6, Digital Oceans
Tools: JIRA, Trello, Confluence, GSuit, Intercom, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Slack, Jenkins, Bugsnag, NewRelic
B2C SaaS tax submission tools for German market (Studenten, Arbeitnehmer, Polizei, Feuerwehr)
- Participate in the agile product development process, as a member of the cross-functional product team.
- Develop backend, frontend and mobile software.
- Assist business with data-driven analysis, and hire for BI positions.
- Wrapped web tool as mobile app in 1 week → validate & measure app ads performance
Process: Kanban, Data-driven, A/B Testing, User Tests, Standups, Retrospectives, Product Planning, CI/CD, Code Reviews
Tech Stack: Rails5, Capistrano, jQuery, React, ReactNative
Tools: Trello, GSuit, Hotjar, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Slack, CircleCI, Bugsnag, NewRelic
E-Commerce Shop specialized in nutrition products.
- Conception, development and implementation of an e-commerce application.
- Creation and maintenance of internal and external APIs.
- Implementation and upkeep of microservices.
- Extension and maintenance of databases, caching and indexing layers.
- Creation and updating of the technical documentation.
Process: Scrum, A/B Testing, Code Reviews
Tech Stack: Yii, Symfony2, Sass, jQuery, Swagger, RabbitMQ, MySQL, Solr, Redis, Silex
Tools: JIRA, Confluence, GSuit, Google Analytics, Skype, Jenkins, NewRelic
Mid-long term flat rental online platform, for landlords and tenants.
- Implement product features on backend and frontend.
- Maintain and develop integration tests.
- Participate in company-wide meetings and workshops on and around company culture and product strategy.
- Working with PM&CX, fixed in-product tracking → enabled reliable quantitative analysis and data-driven decisions.
Process: Scrumban, A/B Testing, Code Reviews
Tech Stack: Yii, Symfony2, Sass, Webpack, ES6, React, MySQL, Solr, Redis, Cucumber, Capybara + SitePrism
Tools: JIRA, Confluence, GSuit, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Slack, VWO, Jenkins, CircleCI
E-Learning platform connecting teachers, students and publishers.
- Establish an agile development process, and facilitate team work as a Scrum Master.
- Research and utilize relevant open standards.
- Develop modular cross-platform libraries for the product.
- Program interactive educational activities.
- Initiative and development of core Java libraries for reading and writing EPUB format for B2B case for modern schools and publishes to design mobile-first interactive educational material and games → school chains with thousands of students piloting the product
Tech Stack: JavaME, JavaEE, Hibernate, Spring, Netbeans Platform, EPUB, HTML5
- Develop recruitment management software for an NGO (WPF, DevExpress).
- Upgrade legacy VB6 software to VB.NET.
- Develop software modules for various projects (ASP.NET MVC4, Telerk Web Controls, VB.NET)
Teaching computer literacy and Math in English courses (2nd-10th grades).
Scientific Courses: General and Linear Algebra, General and Numerical Calculus, Statistics and Probability, Electrical and Logical circuits, Operational Research.
Information and Software Technology Courses: Programming Languages, Algorithms and Data Structures, Advanced Database, Software Engineering, Multimedia Systems, Information Systems Engineering, Compilers, Information Retrieval, Parallel Programming, Information Security, Web Applications, Distributed Systems.
Communication Skills, Business Administration and Professional English courses.
- Arabic - Native
- English - Fluent
- German - Basic